Plan to Finish Someday...
"The best laid
plans of mice and men.........are about equal."
[These are now sorted into a list of
that I use in the CTT writings...hope it helps.
I have also begun filing previous years books in their own file--to shorten file access times.
I have all of
and most of
acquisitions...(and old "I brought them in from the garage"
Also, note that these books are NOT uniformly
cited in the technically-correct fashion, but only to the
extent needed to identify/find them yourself.
Note: as of Oct 20, 2013 I will no longer be putting entries into this log for books purchased from Logos software. Since citations from those works will be in-full, there will be no need for abbreviations and name-anchors. I will periodically update the PDF of those titles on the Book Abbreviations page, though.
- [NT:PHCVE] A Peaceable Hope: Contesting Violent Eschatology in New Testament Narratives. David J Neville. BakerAcademic:2013-Kindle.
- [HI:TRR] The Roman Revolution. Ronald Syme. OxfordUP:1963-Kindle.
- [HI:JAHEC] The Jewish Apocalyptic Heritage in Early Christianity--Compendia Rerum Iudaicarum Ad Novum Testamentum. James C Vanderkam (ed). Fortress:1995-Kindle.
- [HI:RSNE] Roman Syria and the Near East. Kevin Butcher. GettyPubs:2003.
- [HI:MEUR] The Middle East under Rome. Maurice Sartre (Author) and Catherine Porter and Elizabeth Rawlings (Translators) . HarvardUP:2007.
- [HI:RArabia] Roman Arabia. G W Bowersock. HarvardUP:1983.
- [HI:NTFT] No Tolerance for Tyrants: The Biblical Assault on Kings and Kingship. Robert Gnuse. LiturgicalPress:2011.
- [HI:EOA1] The Encyclopedia of
Apocalypticism, Vol1: The Origins of Apocalypticism in Judaism
and Christianity. John J Collins (ed). Continuum:2000.
- [NT:COHSNT] The Craft of History and
the Study of the New Testament. Beth Sheppard. SBL:2012.
- [OT:LANTB] Law and Narrative in the
Bible: The Evidence of the Deuteronomic Laws and the Decalogue.
Calum Carmichael. WipfStock: 1985.
- [HI:SOWAM] Studies on Women at Mari.
Bernard Frank Batto. JohnsHopkinsUP:1974.
- [HI:CCW2C] Cosmos, Chaos, and the
World to Come: The Ancient Roots of Apocalyptic Faith (2nd ed).
Norman Cohn. YaleNB:2011 (KindleEd).
- [HI:ATEC] Apocalyptic Thought in Early
Christianity. Robert J Daly SJ (ed). HolyCross/BakerAcad:2009
- [HI:AITBW] Apocalypticism in the
Bible and its World. Frederick J Murphy. BakerAcad:2012